Although working independently of each other, the two sensors can also team up, which helps to reduce false alarms and provides a quicker response to free-burning fires. Should the heat sensor notice a rise in temperature, the sensitivity of the optical smoke sensor is increased.
Better equipped to detect a wide range of fire types, the optical sensor uses an infrared light inside which is disrupted by the presence of smoke, while the heat sensor actives at temperatures between 54°C and 65°C.
Proudly manufactured by C-TEC in the UK as part of their ActiV range, it features two bright LED indicating strips (on opposite sides of the detector) in order to give 360° visibility. Plus, drift compensation ensures sensor sensitivity is automatically adjusted to suit changing environmental conditions such as a dust.
With a white polycarbonate stylish design, this is IP42 rated with EN54-5 and EN54-7 certification. To install, a suitable detector base (sold separately) is required, and you may need other smoke and heat detector, where suitable, for a more efficient system.
- Wide operating voltage 6-33V DC
- Certified to EN54-5 & 7 by Intertek
- Simple twist and click design
- Can be used on virtually all know conventional panels
- 102.2mm diameter x 37mm deep (detector in base); 102.2mm diameter x 57.5mm deep.
- Two 8mm x 2mm LED indicating strips for clear 360º visibility
- Heat element of detector alarms between 54°C min, 65°C max.
- IP42 Rated
- Range of bases available
- CE Marked
- Made in the UK by C-TEC