They do exactly the same job as their predecessor, these maintain the fire resistance of fire-rated floors and walls where they’re breached by continuous plastic pipes. Complete with a circular steel shell, the pipe closer splits in two for easy installation around the pipe, after which you can securely join together using a ‘slide-lock’. The intumescent pipe closers also provide effective sound insulation up to 58 decibels.
Generally used for drainage and sewage pipework and supplied with brackets for secure surface mounting, the pipe closer is packed full of graphite-based reactive material which reacts in less than two minutes in any instance where it is exposed to heat. It does this by closing the opening left by the softening plastic in a fire.
When selecting your required intumescent pipe closer, our size is the internal diameter of the collar, and so it equates to the external diameter of the pipe. It is also possible to fit smaller pipes within larger closers, with an additional benefit being that you can accommodate pipes where the opening around the pipe is too large or if they are at an angle.
- Available in sizes 32mm to 315mm
- Fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
- Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
- Classified for fire sealing in all types of constructions
- Closer depth (sizes 55mm to 110mm) – 50mm
- Closer depth (sizes 125mm to 160mm) – 60mm
- Closer depth (sizes 200mm to 315mm) – 70mm
- CE Marked and certified to EN 1366-3:2009
- Manufactured by Astroflame