Square and rectangular shapes. Suited for 30 minute or 60 minute fire rating applications. High quality construction. Galvanized steel frame and moisture-resistant intumescent core. 6mm steel mesh on both faces for vermin deterrence. Each unit includes two air transfer plates and one grille. Maximum single grille area dimension is 600mm².
Depth of grille is 42mm. May be mounted up to 1 metre from the level of the floor. A complete selection of size options is available ranging from 100mm x 100mm up to 600mm x 600mm. Meets testing compliance for BS476 Part 22: 1987 and EN 1634-1.
Each pack contains one grille and two air transfer plates.
How To Install Your Intumescent Fire Grilles
- The Grille is tested with the Steel Face Plate (included) on either side of the door.
- Suitable for fitting up to 1,000mm (1m) from floor level. The top of the grille should not be higher than 1000mm from the floor.
- For block work installation, block work should be a minimum of 75mm thick and with a suitable lintel above the grille so that the grille is non load bearing.
- Door work installation should be a minimum of 44mm thick.
- The doorset must have been shown capable, by test or assessment, of accepting an aperture of the dimensions required without detriment to its fire resistance performance. When determining acceptable aperture cut out dimensions, it is permissible to utilise aperture dimensions approved for glazed vision panels that have not been used.