With extra-wide 300mm treads for safer and easier use, the ladder also has extra-large window hooks so you can fit the ladder onto wide windowsills.
Will The Two Storey Fire Escape Ladder Fit My Window?
The ladder itself is 4.3 meters, so it’s suitable for use in many two-storey properties. It is worth checking ahead of time and making sure that everyone who lives in your home knows where the ladder is stored and how to use it. You should also measure the distance from your window to the ground, because the ladder is only safe for heights of 4.65 meters or less.
When using the FireChief Two Storey Fire Escape Ladder, make sure that your window is fully open and is at least 300mm (30cm) wide. The windowsill should be no more than 340mm (34cm) deep. The ladder itself is lightweight but it can support 450kgs, so up to three people can use the ladder at the same time.
- 4.3 metre/15 feet two storey
- Storage box dimensions: 470 x 370 x 100mm
- Width of opening required 300mm (11.8 inches) - window opening size
- Maximum thickness of wall 340mm (13.3 inches) - from the outer wall to inner wall skin
- Max load: 450kg (Maximum of 3 people)
- Durable and flame-resistant design
- Manufactured by FireChief