It gives you a dependable method of detecting smoke in large open space areas where traditional smoke detector systems can expensive or even restricted.
Aiming a beam of infra-red light on a reflector on the other side of the building, the unit will then measure the amount of light returned to analyse whether smoke is present. Once it reaches a predetermined level, and the Firebeam system is connected to your fire panel, the alarm system will be activated.
The motorised head makes it easy to commission the Firebeam Standard Reflective Beam Kit to automatically target the beam at the centre of the reflector, and then self-adjusts to maintain the alignment despite building movement. And with the controller, you can easily make adjustments conveniently with your feet staying firmly on the ground.
Included in the Firebeam Standard Reflective Beam Kit is the head unit, reflector, test filter, low-level controller, user manual and Allen key. With a range of between 5 and 40 metres between the unit head and reflector, by purchasing a range extender kit, you can monitor distances of up to 100 metres.
- Operating temperature -10 to 55°C
- IP65 when suitably mounted and terminated
- Has a standard range of 5 to 40 metres (longer range kits available)
- Optical wavelength of 870nm
- Beam head measures H:180mm x W:155mm x D:137mm - Weight 1.1kg
- Controller measures H:185mm x W:120mm x D:62mm - Weight 0.55kg
- Can be linked into most fire alarm panels via an I/O port
- Manufactured by The Fire Beam Company