It’s a popular choice for sealing wall and flooring surface gaps and penetrations. In the event of fire, the batt becomes a ceramic barrier. This barrier prevents fire from passing through wall or floor openings where it is installed. Our fire batt is offered in 50mm and 60mm thicknesses, offering a four-hour fire and smoke barrier.
Both the 50mm and 60mm choices measure1200mm x 600mm per panel. The 50mm thickness has a density of 140Kgm, and the 60mm a density of 160Kgm. Please note that proper installation requires the application of spreadable mastic (sold separately) to all exposed fire batt surfaces. Tested to both BS476 Part 20 and EN 1366-3. Also meets all requirements for LANTAC building control and NHBC type approval.
- Size 1200mm x 600mm x 60mm has densisty of 160Kgm
- Size 1200mm x 600mm x 50mm has densisty of 140Kgm
- Tested to BS476 Part 20 and EN 1366-3
- Up to 4-hour fire resistance
- LANTAC Building Control approved
- NHBC Type Approval