It’s important to treat injuries to the eye immediately and to seek medical advice as soon as possible; using a sterile eyewash is an equally as important as treating a wound.
First aid regulations state that when tap water is not readily available for eye irritations, then you should have a saline solution, such as this. Plus, it’s safer than water as there is less likelihood of contaminated water, chlorine and chemicals, and is a lot easier than trying to manoeuvre your head under a cold water tap.
The Sterowash is specifically balanced to ensure no irritation when absorbed into the body. This is ideal for sports cuts and injuries.
• A topical, sterile eyewash solution, containing Sodium Chloride BP 0.9% w/v in purified water BP.
• No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added.
• The product is sterile and pyrogen-free.
• Sterile eyewash solution may be used for the irrigation and cleansing of the eyes and for removing chemical splashes from the body.
• Designed for one-time use. Do not reuse once the seal is broken.